Create a FAST channel
Go to the " Channels" page. Here, you can create a FAST channel by clicking on the "Create channel" dropdown button and then choosing "FAST".
Then type the channel name and choose the scheduler duration, here you have two options:
- Weekly: you will schedule a whole week 24/7 and the content will be repeated weekly.
Daily: you will schedule one day (24 hours) and the content will be repeated daily.
Choose the SCTE-35 ad markers options: Number of advertising breaks per hour and Seconds of duration per advertising break.
Then in the Server-side ad insertion (SSAI) question, select if you plan to serve the ads through Viloud's SSAI partner (YES) or if you already have an SSAI partner (NO).
Then press "Next" to create and schedule the FAST channel.
Now select the day of the week that you want to schedule (if you previously selected Weekly) and drag and drop the content into the scheduler section to the preferred time or click on the "+" button to add to the end of the list. When an item is added to the current scheduler, a clock is shown on the item.
Note that the Scheduler area includes Keyboard support for quicker management, so you can use the Left/Right arrows, Ctrl, Shift and Delete keys.
The following are all the keyboard shortcuts available:
| Ctrl + click
|Select multiple items
| Shift + click
|Select all contigous items between the two items selected
| Left arrow
|Select the item on the left of the selected item
| Select the item on the right of the selected item
|Remove all selected items
Also, you can get the Ctrl or Shift functionality using the "Multiple Selection" and "Continuous Selection" buttons of the toolbox. Clicking these buttons activates or deactivates their functionality:
- Multiple selection: activate this function to select multiple items. It works as the Ctrl shortcut.
- Continuous selection: activate this function to select all the contiguous items between two items. It works as the Shift shortcut.
- Clear all: click on this button to remove all items from the current scheduler.
- Remove blanks: click on this button to remove all blank spaces on the scheduler. All content will move to the left without blanks.
- Zoom In/Out: click on these buttons to zoom in or out of the scheduler's size.
The created channel will be continuously running 24/7 repeated daily or weekly depending on its duration. Be sure you have set your Time zone to your Area from the settings page.
Once your content is scheduled you can Preview the channel by clicking on the corresponding buttons.
Finally, you can get the M3U8 link to distribute the channel on FAST platforms. In addtion, you can get an EPG guide in XMLTV format.